NATUS MEDICAL INCORPORATED
2018 EQUITY INCENTIVE PLAN
NOTICE OF RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AWARD
Unless otherwise defined herein, the terms defined in the Natus Medical Incorporated (the “Company”) 2018 Equity Incentive Plan (the “Plan”) will have the same meanings in this Notice of Restricted Stock Unit Award and the electronic representation of this Notice of Restricted Stock Unit Award established and maintained by the Company or a third party designated by the Company (this “Notice”).
You (the “Participant”) have been granted an award of Restricted Stock Units (“RSUs”) under the Plan subject to the terms and conditions of the Plan, this Notice and the attached Restricted Stock Unit Award Agreement (the “Agreement”), including any applicable country-specific provisions in any appendix attached hereto (the “Appendix”), which constitutes part of the Agreement.
Number of RSUs:
Date of Grant:
Vesting Commencement Date:
The earlier to occur of: (a) the date on which settlement of all RSUs granted hereunder occurs, and (b) the tenth anniversary of the Date of Grant. This RSU expires earlier if Participant’s Service terminates earlier, as described in the Agreement.
Subject to the limitations set forth in this Notice, the Plan, and the Agreement, the RSUs will vest in accordance with the following schedule: [insert applicable vesting schedule, which may include performance metrics]
By accepting (whether in writing, electronically or otherwise) the RSUs, Participant acknowledges and agrees to the following:
Participant understands that Participant’s Service with the Company or a Parent, Subsidiary, or Affiliate is for an unspecified duration, can be terminated at any time (i.e., is “at-will”), except where otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and that nothing in this Notice, the Agreement, or the Plan changes the nature of that relationship. Participant acknowledges that the vesting of the RSUs pursuant to this Notice is subject to Participant’s continuing Service as an Employee, Director or Consultant. Participant agrees and acknowledges that the Vesting Schedule may change prospectively in the event that Participant’s Service status changes between full- and part-time and/or in the event the Participant is on a leave of absence, in accordance with Company policies relating to work schedules and vesting of Awards or as determined by the Committee.
This grant is made under and governed by the Plan, the Agreement, and this Notice, and this Notice is subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement and the Plan, both of which are incorporated herein by reference. Participant has read the Notice, the Agreement, and the Plan.
Participant has read the Company’s Insider Trading Policy, and agrees to comply with such policy, as it may be amended from time to time, whenever Participant acquires or disposes of the Company’s securities.
By accepting the RSUs, Participant consents to electronic delivery and participation as set forth in the Agreement.
NATUS MEDICAL INCORPORATED
NATUS MEDICAL INCORPORATED
2018 EQUITY INCENTIVE PLAN
RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AWARD AGREEMENT
Unless otherwise defined in this Restricted Stock Unit Award Agreement (this “Agreement”), any capitalized terms used herein will have the same meaning ascribed to them in the Natus Medical Incorporated 2018 Equity Incentive Plan (the “Plan”).
Participant has been granted Restricted Stock Units (“RSUs”) subject to the terms, restrictions, and conditions of the Plan, the Notice of Restricted Stock Unit Award (the “Notice”), and this Agreement, including any applicable country-specific provisions in any appendix attached hereto (the “Appendix”), which constitutes part of this Agreement. In the event of a conflict between the terms and conditions of the Plan and the terms and conditions of the Notice or this Agreement, the terms and conditions of the Plan will prevail.
1.Settlement. Settlement of RSUs will be made within thirty (30) days following the applicable date of vesting under the Vesting Schedule set forth in the Notice. Settlement of RSUs will be in Shares. No fractional RSUs or rights for fractional Shares will be created pursuant to this Agreement.
2. No Stockholder Rights. Unless and until such time as Shares are issued in settlement of vested RSUs, Participant will have no ownership of the Shares allocated to the RSUs and will have no rights to dividends or to vote such Shares.
3. Dividend Equivalents. Dividends, if any (whether in cash or Shares), will not be credited to Participant.
4. Non-Transferability of RSUs. The RSUs and any interest therein will not be sold, assigned, transferred, pledged, hypothecated, or otherwise disposed of in any manner other than by will or by the laws of descent or distribution or court order or unless otherwise permitted by the Committee on a case-by-case basis.
5. Termination; Leave of Absence; Change in Status. If Participant’s Service terminates for any reason, all unvested RSUs will be forfeited to the Company immediately, and all rights of Participant to such RSUs automatically terminate without payment of any consideration to Participant. Participant’s Service will be considered terminated as of the date Participant is no longer providing services (regardless of the reason for such termination and whether or not later found to be invalid or in breach of employment laws in the jurisdiction where Participant is employed or the terms of Participant’s employment agreement, if any) and will not, subject to the laws applicable to Participant’s Award, be extended by any notice period mandated under local laws (e.g., Service would not include a period of “garden leave” or similar period). Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Vesting Schedule may change prospectively in the event Participant’s service status changes between full- and part-time status and/or in the event Participant is on an approved leave of absence in accordance the Company’s policies relating to work schedules and vesting of awards or as determined by the Committee. Participant acknowledges that the vesting of the Shares pursuant to this Notice and Agreement is subject to Participant’s continued Service. In case of any dispute as to whether termination of Service has occurred, the Committee will have sole discretion to determine whether such termination of Service has occurred and the effective date of such termination (including whether Participant may still be considered to be providing services while on an approved leave of absence).
(a) Responsibility for Taxes. Participant acknowledges that, regardless of any action taken by the Company or, if different, a Parent, Subsidiary or Affiliate employing or retaining Participant (the “Employer”), the ultimate liability for all income tax, social insurance, payroll tax, fringe benefits tax, payment on account or other tax-related items related to Participant’s participation in the Plan and legally applicable to Participant (“Tax-Related Items”) is and remains Participant’s responsibility and may exceed the amount actually withheld by the Company or the Employer, if any. Participant further acknowledges that the Company and/or the Employer (i) make no representations or undertakings regarding the treatment of any Tax-Related Items in connection with any aspect of the RSUs, including, but not limited to, the grant, vesting or settlement of the RSUs and the subsequent sale of Shares acquired pursuant to such settlement and the receipt of any dividends, and (ii) do not commit to and are under no obligation to structure the terms of the grant or any aspect of the RSUs to reduce or eliminate Participant’s liability for Tax-Related Items or achieve any particular tax result. Further, if Participant is subject to Tax-Related Items in more than one jurisdiction, Participant acknowledges that the Company and/or the Employer (or former employer, as applicable) may be required to withhold or account for Tax-Related Items in more than one jurisdiction. PARTICIPANT SHOULD CONSULT A TAX ADVISER APPROPRIATELY QUALIFIED IN THE COUNTRY OR COUNTRIES IN WHICH PARTICIPANT RESIDES OR IS SUBJECT TO TAXATION.
(b) Withholding. Prior to any relevant taxable or tax withholding event, as applicable, Participant agrees to make arrangements satisfactory to the Company and/or the Employer to satisfy all Tax-Related Items. In this regard, Participant authorizes the Company and/or the Employer, or their respective agents, at their discretion, to satisfy any withholding obligations for Tax-Related Items by one or a combination of the following:
withholding from Participant’s wages or other cash compensation paid to Participant by the Company and/or the Employer; or
withholding from proceeds of the sale of Shares acquired upon settlement of the RSUs either through a voluntary sale or through a mandatory sale arranged by the Company (on Participant’s behalf pursuant to this authorization and without further consent);
withholding Shares to be issued upon settlement of the RSUs, provided the Company only withholds the number of Shares necessary to satisfy no more than the maximum applicable statutory withholding amounts;
Participant’s payment of a cash amount (including by check representing readily available funds or a wire transfer); or
any other arrangement approved by the Committee and permitted under applicable law;
all under such rules as may be established by the Committee and in compliance with the Company’s Insider Trading Policy and 10b5-1 Trading Plan Policy, if applicable; provided however, that if Participant is a Section 16 officer of the Company under the Exchange Act, then the Committee (as constituted in accordance with Rule 16b-3 under the Exchange Act) will establish the method of withholding from alternatives (i)-(v) above, and the Committee will establish the method prior to the Tax-Related Items withholding event.
If Participant is a Section 16 officer of the Company under the Exchange Act, unless determined otherwise by the Committee in advance of a Tax-Related Items withholding event, the method of withholding for this RSU will be (iii) above.
Depending on the withholding method, the Company may withhold or account for Tax-Related Items by considering applicable statutory withholding rates or other applicable withholding rates, including up to the maximum permissible statutory rate for Participant’s tax jurisdiction(s) in which case Participant will have no entitlement to the equivalent amount in Shares and will receive a refund of any over-withheld amount in cash in accordance with applicable law. If the obligation for Tax-Related Items is satisfied by withholding in Shares, for tax purposes, Participant is deemed to have been issued the full number of Shares subject to the vested RSUs, notwithstanding that a number of the Shares are held back solely for the purpose of satisfying the withholding obligation for Tax-Related Items.
Finally, Participant agrees to pay to the Company and/or the Employer any amount of Tax-Related Items that the Company and/or the Employer may be required to withhold or account for as a result of Participant’s participation in the Plan that cannot be satisfied by the means previously described. The Company may refuse to issue or deliver the Shares or the proceeds of the sale of Shares, if Participant fails to comply with Participant’s obligations in connection with the Tax-Related Items.
7. Nature of Grant. By accepting the RSUs, Participant acknowledges, understands and agrees that:
(a) the Plan is established voluntarily by the Company, it is discretionary in nature and it may be modified, amended, suspended or terminated by the Company at any time, to the extent permitted by the Plan;
(b) the grant of the RSUs is exceptional, voluntary, and occasional, and does not create any contractual or other right to receive future grants of RSUs, or benefits in lieu of RSUs, even if RSUs have been granted in the past;
(c) all decisions with respect to future RSUs or other grants, if any, will be at the sole discretion of the Company;
(d) Participant is voluntarily participating in the Plan;
(e) the RSUs and Participant’s participation in the Plan will not create a right to employment or be interpreted as forming or amending an employment or service contract with the Company or the Employer and will not interfere with the ability of the Company or the Employer, as applicable, to terminate Participant’s employment or service relationship (if any);
(f) the RSUs and the Shares subject to the RSUs, and the income and value of same, are not intended to replace any pension rights or compensation;
(g) the RSUs and the Shares subject to the RSUs, and the income and value of same, are not part of normal or expected compensation for any purpose, including, but not limited to, calculating any severance, resignation, termination, redundancy, dismissal, end-of-service payments, bonuses, long-service awards, pension or retirement, or welfare benefits or similar payments;
(h) unless otherwise agreed with the Company, the RSUs, and the Shares subject to the RSUs, and the income and value of same, are not granted as consideration for, or in connection with, the service Participant may provide as a director of a Parent, Subsidiary, or Affiliate;
(i) the future value of the underlying Shares is unknown, indeterminable, and cannot be predicted with certainty;
(j) no claim or entitlement to compensation or damages will arise from forfeiture of the RSUs resulting from Participant’s termination of Service (regardless of the reason for such termination and whether or not later found to be invalid or in breach of employment laws in the jurisdiction where Participant is employed or the terms of Participant’s employment agreement, if any), and in consideration of the grant of the RSUs to which Participant is otherwise not entitled, Participant irrevocably agrees never to institute any claim against the Employer, the Company, and any Parent, Subsidiary or Affiliate; waives his or her ability, if any, to bring any such claim; and releases the Employer, the Company, and any Parent, Subsidiary, or Affiliate from any such claim; if, notwithstanding the foregoing, any such claim is allowed by a court of competent jurisdiction, then, by participating in the Plan, Participant will be deemed irrevocably to have agreed not to pursue such claim and agrees to execute any and all documents necessary to request dismissal or withdrawal of such claim;
(k) unless otherwise provided in the Plan or by the Company in its discretion, the RSUs and the benefits evidenced by this Agreement do not create any entitlement to have the RSUs or any such benefits transferred to, or assumed by, another company nor to be exchanged, cashed out or substituted for, in connection with any Corporate Transaction affecting the Shares;
(l) the following provisions apply only if Participant is providing services outside the United States:
the RSUs and the Shares subject to the RSUs are not part of normal or expected compensation or salary for any purpose;
(ii) Participant acknowledges and agrees that neither the Company, the Employer nor any Parent or Subsidiary or Affiliate will be liable for any foreign exchange rate fluctuation between Participant’s local currency and the United States Dollar that may affect the value of the RSUs or of any amounts due to Participant pursuant to the settlement of the RSUs or the subsequent sale of any Shares acquired upon settlement.
8. No Advice Regarding Grant. The Company is not providing any tax, legal, or financial advice, nor is the Company making any recommendations regarding Participant’s participation in the Plan, or Participant’s acquisition or sale of the underlying Shares. Participant acknowledges, understands and agrees he or she should consult with his or her own personal tax, legal, and financial advisors regarding his or her participation in the Plan before taking any action related to the Plan.
9. Data Privacy. Participant hereby explicitly and unambiguously consents to the collection, use and transfer, in electronic or other form, of Participant’s personal data as described in this Agreement and any other RSU grant materials by and among, as applicable, the Employer, the Company and any Parent, Subsidiary or Affiliate for the exclusive purpose of implementing, administering and managing Participant’s participation in the Plan.
Participant understands that the Company and the Employer may hold certain personal information about Participant, including, but not limited to, Participant’s name, home address, email address and telephone number, date of birth, social insurance number, passport number or other identification number, salary, nationality, job title, any shares of stock or directorships held in the Company, details of all RSUs or any other entitlement to shares of stock awarded, canceled, exercised,
vested, unvested or outstanding in Participant’s favor (“Data”), for the exclusive purpose of implementing, administering and managing the Plan.
Participant understands that Data will be transferred to the stock plan service provider as may be designated by the Company from time to time or its affiliates or such other stock plan service provider as may be selected by the Company in the future, which is assisting the Company with the implementation, administration and management of the Plan. Participant understands that the recipients of the Data may be located in the United States or elsewhere, and that the recipients’ country (e.g., the United States) may have different data privacy laws and protections than Participant’s country. Participant understands that if he or she resides outside the United States, he or she may request a list with the names and addresses of any potential recipients of the Data by contacting his or her local human resources representative. Participant authorizes the Company, the stock plan service provider as may be designated by the Company from time to time, and its affiliates, and any other possible recipients which may assist the Company (presently or in the future) with implementing, administering and managing the Plan to receive, possess, use, retain and transfer the Data, in electronic or other form, for the sole purpose of implementing, administering and managing his or her participation in the Plan. Participant understands that Data will be held only as long as is necessary to implement, administer and manage Participant’s participation in the Plan. Participant understands that if he or she resides outside the United States, he or she may, at any time, view Data, request additional information about the storage and processing of Data, require any necessary amendments to Data or refuse or withdraw the consents herein, in any case without cost, by contacting in writing his or her local human resources representative. Further, Participant understands that he or she is providing the consents herein on a purely voluntary basis. If Participant does not consent, or if Participant later seeks to revoke his or her consent, his or her employment status or service and career with the Employer will not be adversely affected; the only adverse consequence of refusing or withdrawing Participant’s consent is that the Company would not be able to grant Participant RSUs or other equity awards or administer or maintain such awards. Therefore, Participant understands that refusing or withdrawing his or her consent may affect Participant’s ability to participate in the Plan. For more information on the consequences of Participant’s refusal to consent or withdrawal of consent, Participant understands that he or she may contact his or her local human resources representative.
10. Language. If Participant has received this Agreement or any other document related to the RSU and/or the Plan translated into a language other than English and if the meaning of the translated version is different than the English version, the English version will control.
11. Appendix. Notwithstanding any provisions in this Agreement, the RSUs will be subject to any special terms and conditions set forth in any Appendix to this Agreement for Participant’s country. Moreover, if Participant relocates to one of the countries included in the Appendix, the special terms and conditions for such country will apply to Participant, to the extent the Company determines that the application of such terms and conditions is necessary or advisable for legal or administrative reasons. The Appendix constitutes part of this Agreement.
12. Imposition of Other Requirements. The Company reserves the right to impose other requirements on Participant’s participation in the Plan, on the RSUs and on any Shares acquired under the Plan, to the extent the Company determines it is necessary or advisable for legal or administrative reasons, and to require Participant to sign any additional agreements or undertakings that may be necessary to accomplish the foregoing.
13. Acknowledgement. The Company and Participant agree that the RSUs are granted under and governed by the Notice, this Agreement, and the Plan (incorporated herein by reference). Participant: (a)
acknowledges receipt of a copy of the Plan and the Plan prospectus, (b) represents that Participant has carefully read and is familiar with their provisions, and (c) hereby accepts the RSUs subject to all of the terms and conditions set forth herein and those set forth in the Plan and the Notice.
14. Entire Agreement; Enforcement of Rights. This Agreement, the Plan, and the Notice constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties relating to the subject matter herein and supersede all prior discussions between them. Any prior agreements, commitments, or negotiations concerning the purchase of the Shares hereunder are superseded. No adverse modification of or adverse amendment to this Agreement, nor any waiver of any rights under this Agreement, will be effective unless in writing and signed by the parties to this Agreement (which writing and signing may be electronic). The failure by either party to enforce any rights under this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any rights of such party.
15. Compliance with Laws and Regulations. The issuance of Shares and the sale of Shares will be subject to and conditioned upon compliance by the Company and Participant with all applicable state, federal, local and foreign laws and regulations and with all applicable requirements of any stock exchange or automated quotation system on which the Company’s Shares may be listed or quoted at the time of such issuance or transfer. Participant understands that the Company is under no obligation to register or qualify the Common Stock with any state, federal, or foreign securities commission or to seek approval or clearance from any governmental authority for the issuance or sale of the Shares. Further, Participant agrees that the Company will have unilateral authority to amend the Plan and this RSU Agreement without Participant’s consent to the extent necessary to comply with securities or other laws applicable to issuance of Shares. Finally, the Shares issued pursuant to this RSU Agreement will be endorsed with appropriate legends, if any, determined by the Company.
16. Severability. If one or more provisions of this Agreement are held to be unenforceable under applicable law, the parties agree to renegotiate such provision in good faith. In the event that the parties cannot reach a mutually agreeable and enforceable replacement for such provision, then (a) such provision will be excluded from this Agreement, (b) the balance of this Agreement will be interpreted as if such provision were so excluded and (c) the balance of this Agreement will be enforceable in accordance with its terms.
17. Governing Law and Venue. This Agreement and all acts and transactions pursuant hereto and the rights and obligations of the parties hereto will be governed, construed, and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to such state’s conflict of laws rules.
Any and all disputes relating to, concerning or arising from this Agreement, or relating to, concerning, or arising from the relationship between the parties evidenced by the Plan or this Agreement, will be brought and heard exclusively in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California or the Superior Court of Santa Clara County, California. Each of the parties hereby represents and agrees that such party is subject to the personal jurisdiction of said courts; hereby irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction of such courts in any legal or equitable proceedings related to, concerning, or arising from such dispute, and waives, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection which such party may now or hereafter have that the laying of the venue of any legal or equitable proceedings related to, concerning, or arising from such dispute which is brought in such courts is improper or that such proceedings have been brought in an inconvenient forum.
18. No Rights as Employee, Director or Consultant. Nothing in this Agreement will affect in any manner whatsoever any right or power of the Employer or the Company to terminate Participant’s Service, for any reason, with or without Cause.
19. Consent to Electronic Delivery of All Plan Documents and Disclosures. By Participant’s acceptance of the Notice (whether in writing or electronically), Participant and the Company agree that the RSUs are granted under and governed by the terms and conditions of the Plan, the Notice, and this Agreement. Participant has reviewed the Plan, the Notice, and this Agreement in their entirety, has had an opportunity to obtain the advice of counsel prior to executing this Notice and Agreement, and fully understands all provisions of the Plan, the Notice, and this Agreement. Participant hereby agrees to accept as binding, conclusive, and final all decisions or interpretations of the Committee upon any questions relating to the Plan, the Notice, and this Agreement. Participant further agrees to notify the Company upon any change in Participant’s residence address. By acceptance of the RSUs, Participant agrees to participate in the Plan through an on-line or electronic system established and maintained by the Company or a third party designated by the Company and consents to the electronic delivery of the Notice, this Agreement, the Plan, account statements, Plan prospectuses required by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, U.S. financial reports of the Company, and all other documents that the Company is required to deliver to its security holders (including, without limitation, annual reports and proxy statements), or other communications or information related to the RSUs and current or future participation in the Plan. Electronic delivery may include the delivery of a link to the Company intranet or the internet site of a third party involved in administering the Plan, the delivery of the document via e-mail, or such other delivery determined at the Company’s discretion. Participant acknowledges that Participant may receive from the Company a paper copy of any documents delivered electronically at no cost if Participant contacts the Company by telephone, through a postal service, or electronic mail to Stock Administration. Participant further acknowledges that Participant will be provided with a paper copy of any documents delivered electronically if electronic delivery fails; similarly, Participant understands that Participant must provide on request to the Company or any designated third party a paper copy of any documents delivered electronically if electronic delivery fails. Also, Participant understands that Participant’s consent may be revoked or changed, including any change in the electronic mail address to which documents are delivered (if Participant has provided an electronic mail address), at any time by notifying the Company of such revised or revoked consent by telephone, postal service, or electronic mail to Stock Administration. Finally, Participant understands that Participant is not required to consent to electronic delivery if local laws prohibit such consent.
20. Insider Trading Restrictions/Market Abuse Laws. Participant acknowledges that, depending on Participant’s country, Participant may be subject to insider trading restrictions and/or market abuse laws, which may affect Participant’s ability to acquire or sell the Shares or rights to Shares under the Plan during such times as Participant is considered to have “inside information” regarding the Company (as defined by the laws in Participant’s country). Any restrictions under these laws or regulations are separate from and in addition to any restrictions that may be imposed under any applicable Company insider trading policy. Participant acknowledges that it is Participant’s responsibility to comply with any applicable restrictions and understands that Participant should consult his or her personal legal advisor on such matters. In addition, Participant acknowledges that he or she read the Company’s Insider Trading Policy, and agrees to comply with such policy, as it may be amended from time to time, whenever Participant acquires or disposes of the Company’s securities.
21. Code Section 409A. For purposes of this Agreement, a termination of employment will be determined consistent with the rules relating to a “separation from service” as defined in Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code and the regulations thereunder (“Section 409A”). Notwithstanding anything else provided herein, to the extent any payments provided under this RSU Agreement in connection with Participant’s termination of employment constitute deferred compensation subject to Section 409A, and Participant is deemed at the time of such termination of employment to be a “specified employee” under Section 409A, then such payment will not be made or commence until the earlier of (a) the expiration of the six (6) month period measured from Participant’s separation from service to the Employer or the Company,
or (b) the date of Participant’s death following such a separation from service; provided, however, that such deferral will only be effected to the extent required to avoid adverse tax treatment to Participant including, without limitation, the additional tax for which Participant would otherwise be liable under Section 409A(a)(1)(B) in the absence of such a deferral. To the extent any payment under this RSU Agreement may be classified as a “short-term deferral” within the meaning of Section 409A, such payment will be deemed a short-term deferral, even if it may also qualify for an exemption from Section 409A under another provision of Section 409A. Payments pursuant to this section are intended to constitute separate payments for purposes of Section 1.409A-2(b)(2) of the Treasury Regulations.
22. Award Subject to Company Clawback or Recoupment. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the RSUs will be subject to clawback or recoupment pursuant to any compensation clawback or recoupment policy adopted by the Board or required by law during the term of Participant’s employment or other Service that is applicable to Participant. In addition to any other remedies available under such policy and applicable law, the Company may require the cancellation of Participant’s RSUs (whether vested or unvested) and the recoupment of any gains realized with respect to Participant’s RSUs.
BY ACCEPTING THIS AWARD OF RSUS, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE AND IN THE PLAN.
NATUS MEDICAL INCORPORATED
2018 EQUITY INCENTIVE PLAN
RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AWARD AGREEMENT
COUNTRY SPECIFIC PROVISIONS FOR EMPLOYEES OUTSIDE THE U.S.
Terms and Conditions
This Appendix includes additional terms and conditions that govern the RSUs granted to Participant under the Plan if Participant resides and/or works in one of the countries below. This Appendix forms part of the Agreement. Any capitalized term used in this Appendix without definition will have the meaning ascribed to it in the Notice, the Agreement, or the Plan, as applicable.
If Participant is a citizen or resident of a country, or is considered resident of a country, other than the one in which Participant is currently working, or Participant transfers employment and/or residency between countries after the Date of Grant, the Company will, in its sole discretion, determine to what extent the additional terms and conditions included herein will apply to Participant under these circumstances.
This Appendix also includes information relating to exchange control, securities laws, foreign asset/account reporting, and other issues of which Participant should be aware with respect to Participant’s participation in the Plan. The information is based on the securities, exchange control, foreign asset/account reporting, and other laws in effect in the respective countries as of [________] 2018. Such laws are complex and change frequently. As a result, Participant should not rely on the information herein as the only source of information relating to the consequences of Participant’s participation in the Plan because the information may be out of date at the time that Participant vests in the RSUs, sells Shares acquired under the Plan, or takes any other action in connection with the Plan.
In addition, the information is general in nature and may not apply to Participant’s particular situation, and the Company is not in a position to assure Participant of any particular result. Accordingly, Participant should seek appropriate professional advice as to how the relevant laws in Participant’s country may apply to Participant’s situation.
Finally, if Participant is a citizen or resident of a country, or is considered resident of a country, other than the one in which Participant is currently working and/or residing, or Participant transfers employment and/or residency after the Date of Grant, the information contained herein may not apply to Participant in the same manner.
NATUS MEDICAL INCORPORATED
2018 EQUITY INCENTIVE PLAN
RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AWARD AGREEMENT
COUNTRY SPECIFIC PROVISIONS FOR EMPLOYEES OUTSIDE THE U.S.
[To be provided by International Counsel]